Many players seize gameplay movies with the ShadowPlay recording instrument on prime of the GeForce Expertise overlay. Nonetheless, this characteristic doesn’t work for some gamers.
Some GeForce Expertise customers have reported on the NVIDIA discussion board that nothing occurs once they click on the Document button on the overlay. If you’re amongst these gamers who want to repair ShadowPlay not saving, right here is how one can clear up this drawback.
1. Re-enable the overlay within the recreation
Re-enabling the overlay is only a potential repair for ShadowPlay not recording, some GeForce Expertise customers have confirmed that it really works for them. You’ll be able to re-enable the overlay within the following steps:
- Proper click on on the NVIDIA settings icon within the system tray and choose GeForce Expertise to open this software program.
- Press Settings (cog) on the prime of GeForce Expertise.
- Change off In-game overlay setting.
- Click on the overlay possibility within the recreation a second time to show it again on.
Then exit the GeForce Expertise app, launch a recreation, and open the overlay. Strive saving a recreation to see if the issue is mounted. If not, proceed to decision two.
2. Allow Desktop Seize
Desktop Seize is a setting that should be enabled to document with ShadowPlay. So verify if this selection is turned on. Here is how one can allow the desktop seize possibility:
- Activate the overlay by urgent Alt + H.
- Click on on Settings button on the overlay.
- Select Privateness management menu possibility.
- Activate Seize the desktop possibility if disabled.
For those who discover that the setting is already enabled, the ShadowPlay characteristic ought to work. Be aware, nonetheless, that ShadowPlay sharing additionally has sure system necessities listed on this GeForce web page. Proceed with the troubleshooting strategies under in case you are positive that your laptop meets all ShadowPlay recording necessities.
word that the Seize the desktop the setting is just not obtainable on Home windows laptops with switchable twin GPUs (graphics processors). So do not be shocked if you cannot discover this selection on a laptop computer with two graphics playing cards.
3. Flip off the printed setting
The overlay has a characteristic for broadcasting stay gameplay to Twitter, YouTube and Twitch, which might trigger issues with ShadowPlay recording. Subsequently, it’s endorsed to disable this characteristic when ShadowPlay is just not working correctly. Here is how one can flip off stay streaming in GeForce Expertise:
- Open GeForce Expertise and click on on it Settings button.
- Click on Settings below In-game overlay possibility.
- Select Broadcast stay within the begin menu.
- Then flip off Broadcasting possibility.
Now attempt recording a match with the stay stream turned off. If that is not sufficient, you might have to unlink a Twitch account as outlined within the subsequent potential resolution.
4. Unlink a Twitch account from ShadowPlay
Twitch streaming and ShadowPlay recording do not combine effectively. You probably have related a Twitch account with ShadowPlay, disconnecting it might resolve the difficulty. You’ll be able to disconnect a Twitch account from ShadowPlay as follows:
- Carry up the house menu as described within the first two steps of the third decision.
- Click on on Get in contact menu possibility.
- Then choose a linked Twitch account.
- Click on on Signal out of your account button.
It ought to now say you aren’t logged into Twitch. No have to uninstall Twitch on Home windows. Quickly disable it from GeForce Expertise when you might want to document video games.
5. Shut or disable conflicting apps
Conflicting purposes are among the many commonest explanation why ShadowPlay recording doesn’t work. A number of browsers, streaming and recording purposes can restrict ShadowPlay when working concurrently.
Within the case of an online browser, ShadowPlay recording could cease working when a streaming service tab like Netflix is open within the software program. These are a number of the packages that may stop the sport from recording:
- The Oculus app
- Google Chrome (with Netflix or different streaming providers open in it).
- Netflix app.
- OBS Studio.
So be sure you shut all home windows for different software program within the Home windows taskbar earlier than attempting to save lots of a recreation. Nonetheless, this will not utterly shut the software program with processes working within the background.
Open Home windows Process Supervisor to disable background processes for packages which may battle with ShadowPlay. Our information to fixing working background processes by disabling them tells you find out how to terminate apps and providers with Process Supervisor.
Some background processes that it is best to disable may begin routinely with Home windows. Click on on I am beginning on the taskbar to see if so. Choose a recording machine or streaming program from the listing there and choose Disable to cease it from beginning routinely.
6. Begin or restart NVIDIA providers
ShadowPlay could cease working as a result of sure NVIDIA providers are disabled. So, attempt to verify if all NVIDIA providers in your laptop are enabled and dealing. Here is how one can allow and run NVIDIA Streaming Service:
- First, click on the Home windows Search Software (magnifying glass) taskbar button or field.
- Enter a providers phrase inside Sort right here to go looking discipline to search out the app with that title.
- Then select Companies to run this software.
- Click on twice NVIDIA streaming service to view its properties window.
- Select Computerized of this service Startup kind menu if an alternative choice is about there.
- Click on Get began within the opened properties window to start out the service whether it is stopped.
- Select Apply and Okay to set the service settings.
Repeat these directions for all NVIDIA providers which you could see listed within the Companies app. Choose to restart NVIDIA providers which are already working and arrange automated startup. You are able to do this by right-clicking on a service and choosing I am rebooting. Restart Home windows after beginning or restarting providers.
7. Reinstall the NVIDIA graphics driver
Be sure your laptop has the most recent NVIDIA driver for its graphics card. To do that, we advocate that you just utterly uninstall the present driver in your laptop with the Show Driver Uninstaller.
Then obtain and set up the most recent driver in your graphics card from the NVIDIA web site. See our article on find out how to cleanly reinstall GPU drivers for particulars on find out how to implement this potential decision.
8. Reinstall GeForce Expertise
Reinstalling GeForce Expertise will seemingly repair bugs within the app affecting its recording characteristic. You’ll be able to uninstall GeForce Expertise inside Purposes and options in settings and management panel Packages and Options applet. This publish on uninstalling packages in Home windows 11 consists of directions for eradicating software program utilizing each strategies.
Restart your laptop when you’ve got uninstalled GeForce Expertise. Carry up this GeForce Expertise obtain web page.
Click on Obtain now there to get the setup wizard for the most recent software program model. Then double click on on the downloaded GeForce_Experience_v3 file to open the setup wizard and reinstall the software program.
Document your Home windows video games with ShadowPlay
There are lots of doable explanation why ShadowPlay recording may not work, making it harder to repair. Nonetheless, the potential options right here will deal with many of the extra frequent explanation why ShadowPlay will not document.
As soon as ShadowPlay is mounted, you’ll be able to as soon as once more document supported video games to your coronary heart’s content material.