By Taras Buria
See the complete model
If you happen to’re utilizing a secure model of Home windows 11 and do not thoughts putting in a cumulative replace a bit sooner than others, here is a brand new model from Microsoft for you. KB5023778 (construct 22621.1485) is now accessible with a number of notable non-security adjustments and fixes.
As a reminder, Microsoft is altering the best way it delivers preview variations of its cumulative updates. Beginning in April 2023, the corporate will ship non-compulsory, non-security updates each fourth Tuesday of the month. In different phrases, customers now have two patch Tuesdays – one necessary and one non-compulsory.
KB5023778 provides a number of seen adjustments that you’re going to discover as quickly as you put in it. The Begin menu will begin
nagging reminding you to again up information utilizing your Microsoft account and do different MSA-related issues. Additionally, taskbar search is now lighter when utilizing a customized coloration mode (Home windows Darkish Mode and App Gentle Mode). Lastly, the replace fixes many bugs, reminiscent of PowerPoint freezing and points with Notepad, Narrator, and USB printers.
What’s new in Home windows 11 KB5023778 (22621.1485)?
Listed below are the highlights of the replace:
New! This replace introduces Microsoft account notifications to the Begin menu. That is at the moment solely accessible to a small viewers. It can roll out extra broadly within the coming months. Some units could discover totally different visible therapy whereas we gather suggestions. See the instance beneath.
- New! The taskbar search field will probably be lighter once you set Home windows to customized coloration mode. It will occur once you set the Home windows mode to darkish and the applying mode to gentle in Settings > Personalization > Colours.
- This replace addresses a problem affecting the Notepad combo field in Settings. Fails to show all accessible choices.
- This replace addresses a problem that impacts Microsoft PowerPoint. Stops responding. This occurs once you use accessibility instruments.
- This replace addresses a problem that impacts Microsoft Narrator. Didn’t learn objects in dropdown lists in Microsoft Excel.
- This replace addresses a problem that impacts USB printers. The system classifies them as multimedia units, despite the fact that they don’t seem to be.
And here is the remainder of the changelog:
- New! This replace provides many new options and enhancements to Microsoft Endpoint Defender. For extra data, see Microsoft Defender for Endpoint.
- This replace addresses a problem that impacts PIN complexity coverage settings. They’re ignored.
- This replace addresses a problem that impacts the Quick Identification On-line 2.0 (FIDO2) PIN credentials icon. Not displayed on exterior monitor credentials display. This occurs when this monitor is connected to a closed laptop computer.
- This replace addresses a problem that impacts a cluster shared quantity (CSV). CSV fails to come back on-line. This occurs should you allow BitLocker and native CSV managed protectors and the system has lately rotated BitLocker keys.
- This replace addresses a problem that impacts Energetic Listing customers and computer systems. Stops responding. This occurs once you use a TaskPad view to allow or disable many objects without delay.
- The replace addresses a problem that impacts the Distant Process Name Service (rpcss.exe). The problem could trigger a race situation between the Distributed Element Object Mannequin (DCOM) and the Microsoft Distant Process Name (RPC) endpoint mapper.
- This replace addresses a problem that impacts Microsoft PowerPoint. It stops responding to Azure Digital Desktop. This occurs whilst you use the Assume-Cell options.
- This replace addresses a problem that impacts Home windows Search. Home windows Search fails inside Home windows container photos.
- This replace impacts the Group Coverage Editor. It provides Transport Layer Safety (TLS) 1.3 to the checklist of protocols you may set.
- This replace impacts the Arab Republic of Egypt. The replace helps the federal government’s 2023 DST change order.
- This replace impacts jscript9Legacy.dll. It provides ITracker and ITrackingService to cease MHTML from turning into unresponsive.
- This replace addresses a problem that impacts the Microsoft HTML Utility Host (HTA). This difficulty blocks the execution of code that makes use of Microsoft HTA. This occurs once you activate Home windows Defender Utility Management (WDAC)’s Person Mode Code Integrity (UMCI) enforcement mode.
- This replace impacts the Group Coverage Administration Console. It addresses a bug within the script within the Group Coverage Preferences window.
- This replace addresses a problem that impacts the Home windows Distant Administration (WinRM) consumer. The consumer returns an error standing (500) to the HTTP server. This error happens when working a switch job within the Storage Migration Service.
- This replace addresses a problem that impacts the specified state configuration. It loses its preconfigured choices. This occurs if metaconfig.mof is lacking.
- This replace addresses a problem that impacts Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) possibility 119 – Area Lookup Possibility. The issue stops you from utilizing a DNS suffix lookup checklist for a connection.
- This replace addresses a uncommon difficulty that would end in a null enter vacation spot. This downside can happen once you attempt to convert a bodily level to a logical level throughout hit testing. Due to this, the pc points a cease error.
- This replace addresses a problem that impacts the Easy Certificates Enrollment Protocol (SCEP) certificates. The system reviews some SCEP certificates installations as failed. As a substitute, the system ought to report them as pending.
- This replace addresses a problem that impacts the brand new Home windows Runtime (WinRT) API. This difficulty stops the app from looking for location data utilizing MBIM2.0+.
- This replace addresses a identified difficulty affecting kiosk machine profiles. When you have automated login enabled, it could not work. After Autopilot completes provisioning, these units stay on the credentials display. This difficulty happens after you put in updates from January 10, 2023 and later.
Recognized points in KB5023778
|All customers||After you put in this or later updates, Home windows units with some third-party UI customization functions could not begin. These third-party functions may cause explorer.exe errors to happen repeatedly in a loop. Recognized affected third-party UI customization apps are ExplorerPatcher and StartAllBack. These kind of functions typically use unsupported strategies to realize their customization and because of this could have undesirable outcomes in your Home windows machine.||
We suggest that you just uninstall any third-party UI customization software earlier than putting in this or later updates to stop this downside. In case your Home windows machine already has this downside, chances are you’ll must contact the shopper assist workforce of the developer of the applying you might be utilizing. If you happen to use StartAllBack, you could possibly forestall this downside by updating to the most recent model (v3.5.6 or later).
We’re at the moment investigating and can present extra data when accessible.
Utilizing Home windows 11, model 22H2 (additionally known as Home windows 11 2022 Replace) safety packs could not work as anticipated. Home windows could solely be partially configured and out-of-the-box could fail to finish or restart unexpectedly. Provisioning packages are .PPKG information which can be used to assist configure new units to be used on enterprise or faculty networks. Provisioning packages which can be utilized throughout preliminary setup are probably to be affected by this difficulty. For extra details about safety packs, please see Safety packs for Home windows.
Word Provisioning Home windows units utilizing Home windows Autopilot will not be affected by this difficulty.
Home windows units utilized by customers of their houses or small places of work are unlikely to be affected by this difficulty.
If you happen to can safe the Home windows machine earlier than upgrading to Home windows 11, model 22H2, this can forestall the issue.
We’re at the moment investigating and can present data
|IT directors||Copying giant information of a number of gigabytes (GB) could take longer than anticipated to finish on Home windows 11, model 22H2. You usually tend to encounter this downside when copying information in Home windows 11, model 22H2 from a community share through Server Message Block (SMB), however native file copying will also be affected. Home windows units utilized by customers of their houses or small places of work are unlikely to be affected by this difficulty.||
To mitigate this downside, you should utilize file copy instruments that don’t use a cache supervisor (buffered I/O). This may be completed utilizing the built-in command line instruments listed beneath:
robocopy someserversomeshare c:somefolder somefile.img /J
xcopy someserversomeshare c:somefolder /J
We’re engaged on an answer and can present an replace in an upcoming launch.
|IT directors||Updates launched on or after February 14, 2023 will not be accessible from some Home windows Server Replace Providers (WSUS) servers for Home windows 11, model 22H2. Updates will probably be downloaded to the WSUS server, however will not be additional distributed to consumer units. The affected WSUS servers are solely these working Home windows Server 2022 that had been upgraded from Home windows Server 2016 or Home windows Server 2019. This difficulty is brought on by the unintentional elimination of required Unified Replace Platform (UUP) MIME sorts throughout the improve to Home windows Server 2022 from a earlier model of Home windows Server. This difficulty could have an effect on safety updates or characteristic updates for Home windows 11, model 22H2. Microsoft Configuration Supervisor will not be affected by this difficulty.||
To mitigate this difficulty, see Including file sorts for Unified Replace Platform in place.
We’re engaged on an answer and can present an replace in an upcoming launch.
How do I obtain KB5023778?
You’ll be able to obtain KB5023778 by heading to Settings > Home windows Replace and clicking Verify for updates. A success Obtain and set up after Home windows detects the replace. As a reminder, in the present day’s launch is non-compulsory, that means it will not be put in mechanically. The adjustments that KB5023778 brings will probably be necessary in subsequent month’s Patch Tuesday replace.
Alternatively, you may get KB5023778 within the Microsoft Replace Catalog.
Report an issue with an article